Click here to login
select Language
Google plus pinterest Share on Stumble Upon Share on Reddit Facebook Share on Tumblr
TITLE
LMS 32898 at St Rollox, April 1949
EXTERNAL ID
PC_HRS_COACHES_234
PLACENAME
Glasgow
DATE OF IMAGE
17 April 1949
PERIOD
1940s
CREATOR
J L Stevenson
SOURCE
Highland Railway Society
ASSET ID
23812
Preview

This photograph shows LMS 32898, a full length corridor bogie brake van, at St Rollox in April 1949.

The Caledonian Railway built the St Rollox locomotive and carriage works at Springburn, in Glasgow, in 1856. It was named after the nearby parish church of St. Roche. In 1923 it became the main works of the Northern Division of the LMS.