Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Inverness Old High and Free Church Steeples, from Friars Yard
EXTERNAL ID
GB1796_1999_116_003
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1910s; 1920s
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
11045
KEYWORDS
Inverness
churches
Church of Scotland
Free Church of Scotland
Presbyterian
Inverness Old High and Free Church Steeples, from Friars Yard

Inverness Old High Church steeple (right) and Free North Church steeple (left) as seen from Friars Yard. Built on St Michael's Mount, the Old High Church is the original parish church of Inverness. The present church was completed in 1772 and the remains of its 14th century tower can be seen in the lower section of the present church tower. The Free North Church was originally in Chapel Street but in 1893 a new building was erected on the south side of the river at Greig Street Bridge, at a cost of around £10,000


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Inverness Old High and Free Church Steeples, from Friars Yard

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1910s; 1920s

Inverness; churches; Church of Scotland; Free Church of Scotland; Presbyterian

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

Joseph Cook Collection

Inverness Old High Church steeple (right) and Free North Church steeple (left) as seen from Friars Yard. Built on St Michael's Mount, the Old High Church is the original parish church of Inverness. The present church was completed in 1772 and the remains of its 14th century tower can be seen in the lower section of the present church tower. The Free North Church was originally in Chapel Street but in 1893 a new building was erected on the south side of the river at Greig Street Bridge, at a cost of around £10,000 <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.