Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Kilmuir
EXTERNAL ID
GB1796_1999_116_028
PLACENAME
Kilmuir
DISTRICT
Avoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Knockbain
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
11068
KEYWORDS
Kilmuir
Inverness Firth
fishing community
Moray Firth
Kilmuir

Villagers outside houses in the fishing community of Kilmuir, by the shore of the Moray Firth.

Kilmuir takes its name from the nearby church which was dedicated to the Virgin Mary. It was the centre of the old parish of Kilmuir Wester but it was combined with the parish of Suddie in 1756 to form the parish of Knockbain. The church was abandonned a few years later but the village remains.


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Kilmuir

ROSS: Knockbain

Kilmuir; Inverness Firth; fishing community; Moray Firth

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

Joseph Cook Collection

Villagers outside houses in the fishing community of Kilmuir, by the shore of the Moray Firth.<br /> <br /> Kilmuir takes its name from the nearby church which was dedicated to the Virgin Mary. It was the centre of the old parish of Kilmuir Wester but it was combined with the parish of Suddie in 1756 to form the parish of Knockbain. The church was abandonned a few years later but the village remains. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.<br />