Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
The Maggot, near the Black bridge in Inverness

Residents and houses in the Maggot area of Inverness. The Maggot, which was originally an island, took its name from a chapel of St. Margaret and was situated between Waterloo Place, Glebe Street and the River Ness. By 1910, many of the thatched cottages in the area, especially those of Shuttle Lane, Green Row and Wright's Lane had been demolished. The Maggot in later years, came to be known as the Maggot Green


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The Maggot, near the Black bridge in Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

the Maggot; chapel of St. Margaret; Waterloo Place; Glebe Street; River Ness; thatched cottages; Shuttle Lane; Green Row; Wright's Lane; residents of the Maggot; demolished; houses in the Maggot

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

Joseph Cook Collection

Residents and houses in the Maggot area of Inverness. The Maggot, which was originally an island, took its name from a chapel of St. Margaret and was situated between Waterloo Place, Glebe Street and the River Ness. By 1910, many of the thatched cottages in the area, especially those of Shuttle Lane, Green Row and Wright's Lane had been demolished. The Maggot in later years, came to be known as the Maggot Green <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.