Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Bank Street, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
GB1796_1999_116_077
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1890s
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
11108
KEYWORDS
Inverness
Bank Street
St Columba's High Church
Bank Street, Inverness

Bank Street, Inverness with the castle in the background. The church in the centre is St Columba's High Church also known as the Free High Church of Scotland, erected in 1852. The battlemented arch of the old suspension bridge (completed 1855) can be seen at the far right, below the castle. This bridge stood until 1959 and was replaced by Sir Murdoch MacDonald and Partners' concrete span that we see today


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Bank Street, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1890s

Inverness; Bank Street; St Columba's High Church

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

Joseph Cook Collection

Bank Street, Inverness with the castle in the background. The church in the centre is St Columba's High Church also known as the Free High Church of Scotland, erected in 1852. The battlemented arch of the old suspension bridge (completed 1855) can be seen at the far right, below the castle. This bridge stood until 1959 and was replaced by Sir Murdoch MacDonald and Partners' concrete span that we see today <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.