Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The Old Town House, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
GB1796_1999_116_8_V
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1870s
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
11140
KEYWORDS
Town House
Inverness
Lord Lovat
Burgh Town House
Castle Street
High Street
Boswell and Johnson
Commercial Hotel
The Old Town House, Inverness

The Old Town House in Inverness, on the corner of Castle Street and High Street. Originally built in 1708 as the town house of Lord Lovat, in 1716 it became the Burgh Town House. It was demolished in 1878. To the left is the Commercial Hotel where Boswell and Johnson stayed in September, 1773


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The Old Town House, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1870s

Town House; Inverness; Lord Lovat; Burgh Town House; Castle Street; High Street; Boswell and Johnson; Commercial Hotel

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

Joseph Cook Collection

The Old Town House in Inverness, on the corner of Castle Street and High Street. Originally built in 1708 as the town house of Lord Lovat, in 1716 it became the Burgh Town House. It was demolished in 1878. To the left is the Commercial Hotel where Boswell and Johnson stayed in September, 1773 <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.