Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
The Choral Union, Music Hall, Union Street, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
GB1796_1999_116_218
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1890s; 1900s
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
11290
KEYWORDS
Choral Unions
Inverness
National Mods
The Choral Union, Music Hall, Union Street, Inverness

The Choral Union at the Music Hall, Union Street, Inverness led by W S Roddie (sitting centre left with baton). Roddie came to Inverness in the 1880s. As well as leading the Choral Union and other local choirs, he taught singing at Inverness Royal Academy.
The Music Hall was opened in 1865 and could seat 1300. After a serious fire in 1898 it was renovated and hosted the National Mods in 1903 and 1912. It was bought by the Methodists in 1922 and remained their church until 1961 when fire completely destroyed the building


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

The Choral Union, Music Hall, Union Street, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1890s; 1900s

Choral Unions; Inverness; National Mods

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

Joseph Cook Collection

The Choral Union at the Music Hall, Union Street, Inverness led by W S Roddie (sitting centre left with baton). Roddie came to Inverness in the 1880s. As well as leading the Choral Union and other local choirs, he taught singing at Inverness Royal Academy.<br /> The Music Hall was opened in 1865 and could seat 1300. After a serious fire in 1898 it was renovated and hosted the National Mods in 1903 and 1912. It was bought by the Methodists in 1922 and remained their church until 1961 when fire completely destroyed the building <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.