Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Old Free East Church, Academy Street, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
GB1796_1999_116_332
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1950s; 1960s
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
11320
KEYWORDS
Free East Church
Academy Street
Chapel of Ease
Alexander Ross
Old Free East Church, Academy Street, Inverness

The Free East Church on Academy Street, was originally built in 1798 as a Chapel of Ease. It became a Free Church at the Disruption of 1843 and was enlarged in 1853 to the designs of Dr. Alexander Ross. In 1897, an octagonal belfry was built onto the church


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Old Free East Church, Academy Street, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1950s; 1960s

Free East Church; Academy Street; Chapel of Ease; Alexander Ross

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

Joseph Cook Collection

The Free East Church on Academy Street, was originally built in 1798 as a Chapel of Ease. It became a Free Church at the Disruption of 1843 and was enlarged in 1853 to the designs of Dr. Alexander Ross. In 1897, an octagonal belfry was built onto the church <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.