Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Library and Bus Station, Farraline Park, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
GB1796_1999_116_349_RR
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
2008
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Robert Reid
SOURCE
Robert Reid
ASSET ID
11336
KEYWORDS
bus stations
streets
buildings
architecture
Library and Bus Station, Farraline Park, Inverness

The library at Farraline Park was originally built as Bell's Institution (1841), one of several such schools in Scottish Burghs, founded under the will of Dr Andrew Bell. The building was designed by the architect William Robertson in Greek Revival style. It ceased to be a school in 1937, functionning thereafter as a courthouse, before becoming Inverness Public Library in 1980.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Library and Bus Station, Farraline Park, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

2000s

bus stations; streets; buildings; architecture

Robert Reid

Highland Libraries Past & Present

The library at Farraline Park was originally built as Bell's Institution (1841), one of several such schools in Scottish Burghs, founded under the will of Dr Andrew Bell. The building was designed by the architect William Robertson in Greek Revival style. It ceased to be a school in 1937, functionning thereafter as a courthouse, before becoming Inverness Public Library in 1980.