Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
West Parish Church 1871
EXTERNAL ID
GB1796_1999_116_357
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
1871
PERIOD
1870s
CREATOR
Cook
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
11341
KEYWORDS
West Parish Church
churches
religions
West Parish Church 1871

Photograph of West Parish Church, Church of Scotland, Huntly St, Inverness, in 1871. On the corner of Grieg St, it stands next to the Georgian mansion, Balnain House, overlooking the River Ness. Built in 1840, the church has a temple front with Ionic columns. The stained glass window on the eastern side, of St Columba, was by William Wilson in 1950. Today the buildings have been converted into flats.


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

West Parish Church 1871

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1870s

West Parish Church; churches; religions

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

Joseph Cook Collection

Photograph of West Parish Church, Church of Scotland, Huntly St, Inverness, in 1871. On the corner of Grieg St, it stands next to the Georgian mansion, Balnain House, overlooking the River Ness. Built in 1840, the church has a temple front with Ionic columns. The stained glass window on the eastern side, of St Columba, was by William Wilson in 1950. Today the buildings have been converted into flats. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.