Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
St Columba Church, Bank Street, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
GB1796_1999_116_423
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1920s
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
11384
KEYWORDS
churches
Free Church of Scotland
St Columba Church, Bank Street, Inverness

Situated on the site of an old brewery, St Columba's was built originally as the Free High Church in 1851-2, to a Perpendicular Gothic design by MacKenzie and Mathews. It was badly damaged by fire in 1939 but was restored between 1948 and 1953


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

St Columba Church, Bank Street, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1920s

churches; Free Church of Scotland

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

Joseph Cook Collection

Situated on the site of an old brewery, St Columba's was built originally as the Free High Church in 1851-2, to a Perpendicular Gothic design by MacKenzie and Mathews. It was badly damaged by fire in 1939 but was restored between 1948 and 1953 <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.