Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Invergarry Station, 1905
EXTERNAL ID
GB1796_1999_116_X_49
PLACENAME
Invergarry
DISTRICT
Lochaber
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Kilmonivaig
DATE OF IMAGE
25 September 1905
PERIOD
1900s
SOURCE
Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
ASSET ID
11531
KEYWORDS
railway stations
King Edward
royalty
royal visits
Invergarry Station, 1905

It has been suggested by one of our users that this is Invergarry station on the occasion of King Edward VII's visit to the area in September 1905.

Invergarry Station opened on 22 July 1903 as part of the Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway. This was built by an independent company and was never part of the Highland Railway although the HR did operate it from its opening until 30 April 1907. It closed temporarily on 31 October 1911 and reopened on 1 August 1913. It closed to passengers on 1 December 1933 and finally to goods on 1 January 1947.


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email the
Highland Photographic Archive quoting the External ID.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Invergarry Station, 1905

INVERNESS: Kilmonivaig

1900s

railway stations; King Edward; royalty; royal visits;

Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)

Joseph Cook Collection

It has been suggested by one of our users that this is Invergarry station on the occasion of King Edward VII's visit to the area in September 1905.<br /> <br /> Invergarry Station opened on 22 July 1903 as part of the Invergarry and Fort Augustus Railway. This was built by an independent company and was never part of the Highland Railway although the HR did operate it from its opening until 30 April 1907. It closed temporarily on 31 October 1911 and reopened on 1 August 1913. It closed to passengers on 1 December 1933 and finally to goods on 1 January 1947. <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email the<br /> <a href="mailto: photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com">Highland Photographic Archive</a> quoting the External ID.