Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Sale of Stock at Dingwall Mart (2 of 2)
EXTERNAL ID
AB_DINGWALL_MART_02
PLACENAME
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Dingwall
DATE OF RECORDING
2009
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Kenneth Mackenzie
SOURCE
Am Baile
ASSET ID
1170
KEYWORDS
auctions, markets
auctioneers

Get Adobe Flash player

This audio extract is of a livestock auction at Dingwall & Highland Marts Limited, Bailechaul Road, Dingwall. It was recorded in November 2008 during the Christmas Show & Sale.

The first Christmas Show & Sale at Dingwall was held on 10 December, 1884, four months after the opening of the site adjacent to Dingwall Gasworks, built by Mr D Mackintosh. The move to the new auction complex at Humberston Farm, on the south side of Dingwall, took place over a hundred years later in July 2003. Fraser's Auction Rooms relocated to Humberston in January 2007. In July 2008, the Highland Livestock Heritage Society's permanent 'Drover Exhibition' was opened by HRH The Princess Royal.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Sale of Stock at Dingwall Mart (2 of 2)

ROSS: Dingwall

2000s

auctions, markets; auctioneers

Am Baile

This audio extract is of a livestock auction at Dingwall & Highland Marts Limited, Bailechaul Road, Dingwall. It was recorded in November 2008 during the Christmas Show & Sale.<br /> <br /> The first Christmas Show & Sale at Dingwall was held on 10 December, 1884, four months after the opening of the site adjacent to Dingwall Gasworks, built by Mr D Mackintosh. The move to the new auction complex at Humberston Farm, on the south side of Dingwall, took place over a hundred years later in July 2003. Fraser's Auction Rooms relocated to Humberston in January 2007. In July 2008, the Highland Livestock Heritage Society's permanent 'Drover Exhibition' was opened by HRH The Princess Royal.