Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Kyle Public Hall
EXTERNAL ID
HCD00058
PLACENAME
Kyle of Lochalsh
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
PERIOD
1930s
CREATOR
Duncan Macpherson
SOURCE
Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre
ASSET ID
11784
KEYWORDS
Kyle Public Hall
tennis courts
Kyle of Lochalsh
Kyle Public Hall

The foundation stone for Kyle Public Hall was laid on 3 September 1931 by Sir Daniel and Lady Hamilton, and the hall officially opened on 8 April 1932. After the hall was built, Sir Harry Lauder, a regular visitor to the area, gave a concert to raise funds to pay off debts. He evidently sang for an hour! The tennis courts are visible just behind the hall


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Skye and Lochalsh Archives

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Kyle Public Hall

ROSS: Lochalsh

1930s

Kyle Public Hall; tennis courts; Kyle of Lochalsh

Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre

Duncan Macpherson (photographs)

The foundation stone for Kyle Public Hall was laid on 3 September 1931 by Sir Daniel and Lady Hamilton, and the hall officially opened on 8 April 1932. After the hall was built, Sir Harry Lauder, a regular visitor to the area, gave a concert to raise funds to pay off debts. He evidently sang for an hour! The tennis courts are visible just behind the hall <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href= "mailto: skyeandlochalsh.archives@highlifehighland.com" >Skye and Lochalsh Archives</a><br />