Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Kyle Public Hall
EXTERNAL ID
HCD00058_AT
PLACENAME
Kyle of Lochalsh
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
DATE OF IMAGE
2008
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Andrew Taylor
SOURCE
Andrew Taylor
ASSET ID
11785
KEYWORDS
Kyle Public Hall
tennis courts
Kyle of Lochalsh
Kyle Public Hall

The foundation stone for Kyle Public Hall was laid on 3 September 1931 by Sir Daniel and Lady Hamilton, and the hall officially opened on 8 April 1932. After the hall was built, Sir Harry Lauder, a regular visitor to the area, gave a concert to raise funds to pay off debts. He evidently sang for an hour!

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Kyle Public Hall

ROSS: Lochalsh

2000s

Kyle Public Hall; tennis courts; Kyle of Lochalsh

Andrew Taylor

The foundation stone for Kyle Public Hall was laid on 3 September 1931 by Sir Daniel and Lady Hamilton, and the hall officially opened on 8 April 1932. After the hall was built, Sir Harry Lauder, a regular visitor to the area, gave a concert to raise funds to pay off debts. He evidently sang for an hour!