Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Kyle Tennis Court
EXTERNAL ID
HCD00096
PLACENAME
Kyle of Lochalsh
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
PERIOD
1920s
CREATOR
Duncan Macpherson
SOURCE
Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre
ASSET ID
11824
KEYWORDS
tennis
court
Kyle of Lochalsh
Kyle Tennis Court

The tennis courts in Kyle were opened, with some ceremony, in August 1924. The courts were positioned between Church Rd and Kenneth St. (now Plockton Rd.) near Duncan Macpherson's home of Glenquithel. The church in the background is the Kyle Free Church. The ladies in the photograph are believed to be Peggy Montgomery and Margaret Macpherson (the photographer's wife)


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Skye and Lochalsh Archives

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Kyle Tennis Court

ROSS: Lochalsh

1920s

tennis; court; Kyle of Lochalsh

Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre

Duncan Macpherson (photographs)

The tennis courts in Kyle were opened, with some ceremony, in August 1924. The courts were positioned between Church Rd and Kenneth St. (now Plockton Rd.) near Duncan Macpherson's home of Glenquithel. The church in the background is the Kyle Free Church. The ladies in the photograph are believed to be Peggy Montgomery and Margaret Macpherson (the photographer's wife) <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href= "mailto: skyeandlochalsh.archives@highlifehighland.com" >Skye and Lochalsh Archives</a><br />