Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Plockton Primary School
EXTERNAL ID
HCD00119
PLACENAME
Plockton
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
PERIOD
1920s; 1930s
CREATOR
Duncan Macpherson
SOURCE
Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre
ASSET ID
11845
KEYWORDS
Plockton
school
village
Plockton Primary School

The school, in Innes St., Plockton, was built in 1858 by Alexander Ross, on behalf of Sir Alexander Matheson, owner of Lochalsh Estate, with later additions in 1889. The school was also added to in order that it be used as a Senior Secondary for the area. Both Duncan Macpherson's children, Mary and Neil, attended school here. A new secondary school was built in 1964, and this building reverted to a primary school


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Skye and Lochalsh Archives

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Plockton Primary School

ROSS: Lochalsh

1920s; 1930s

Plockton; school; village

Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre

Duncan Macpherson (photographs)

The school, in Innes St., Plockton, was built in 1858 by Alexander Ross, on behalf of Sir Alexander Matheson, owner of Lochalsh Estate, with later additions in 1889. The school was also added to in order that it be used as a Senior Secondary for the area. Both Duncan Macpherson's children, Mary and Neil, attended school here. A new secondary school was built in 1964, and this building reverted to a primary school <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href= "mailto: skyeandlochalsh.archives@highlifehighland.com" >Skye and Lochalsh Archives</a><br />