Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Plockton Primary School
EXTERNAL ID
HCD00119_AT
PLACENAME
Plockton
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
DATE OF IMAGE
2008
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Andrew Taylor
SOURCE
Andrew Taylor
ASSET ID
11846
KEYWORDS
schools
primary schools
secondary schools
Plockton Primary School

The school, in Innes St., Plockton, was built in 1858 by Alexander Ross, on behalf of Sir Alexander Matheson, owner of Lochalsh Estate, with later additions in 1889. The school was also added to in order that it be used as a Senior Secondary for the area. A new secondary school was built in 1964, and this building reverted to a primary school.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Plockton Primary School

ROSS: Lochalsh

2000s

schools; primary schools; secondary schools

Andrew Taylor

The school, in Innes St., Plockton, was built in 1858 by Alexander Ross, on behalf of Sir Alexander Matheson, owner of Lochalsh Estate, with later additions in 1889. The school was also added to in order that it be used as a Senior Secondary for the area. A new secondary school was built in 1964, and this building reverted to a primary school.