Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Innes Street, Plockton
EXTERNAL ID
HCD00202
PLACENAME
Plockton
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
PERIOD
1930s
CREATOR
Duncan Macpherson
SOURCE
Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre
ASSET ID
11929
KEYWORDS
village
Plockton
road
Innes Street
manse
Innes Street, Plockton

The village of Plockton was founded in 1794 by Col Francis Humberston Mackenzie of Seaforth, then owner of the Lochalsh estate. The plan was extended in 1801, when the estate was sold to Sir Hugh Innes. Innes Street is the main road into the village from Kyle of Lochalsh, passing the 'Telford' church on the right and the manse just seen on the left


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Skye and Lochalsh Archives

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Innes Street, Plockton

ROSS: Lochalsh

1930s

village; Plockton; road; Innes Street; manse

Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre

Duncan Macpherson (photographs)

The village of Plockton was founded in 1794 by Col Francis Humberston Mackenzie of Seaforth, then owner of the Lochalsh estate. The plan was extended in 1801, when the estate was sold to Sir Hugh Innes. Innes Street is the main road into the village from Kyle of Lochalsh, passing the 'Telford' church on the right and the manse just seen on the left <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href= "mailto: skyeandlochalsh.archives@highlifehighland.com" >Skye and Lochalsh Archives</a><br />