Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Thatched cottages at Erbusaig
EXTERNAL ID
HCD00416
PLACENAME
Erbusaig
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
PERIOD
1930s
CREATOR
Duncan Macpherson
SOURCE
Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre
ASSET ID
12128
KEYWORDS
thatch
cottage
Erbusaig
Thatched cottages at Erbusaig

Mary Hudson, the photographer's daughter, is standing on the small bridge in Erbusaig. It was a fishing village until the railway was extended to Kyle of Lochalsh in 1897, and the track cut the village off from the shore. Duncan Macpherson took several photographs of the thatched houses here


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Skye and Lochalsh Archives

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Thatched cottages at Erbusaig

ROSS: Lochalsh

1930s

thatch; cottage; Erbusaig

Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre

Duncan Macpherson (photographs)

Mary Hudson, the photographer's daughter, is standing on the small bridge in Erbusaig. It was a fishing village until the railway was extended to Kyle of Lochalsh in 1897, and the track cut the village off from the shore. Duncan Macpherson took several photographs of the thatched houses here <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href= "mailto: skyeandlochalsh.archives@highlifehighland.com" >Skye and Lochalsh Archives</a><br />