Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Laying of the Foundation Stone, Kyle Hall
EXTERNAL ID
HCD00478
PLACENAME
Kyle of Lochalsh
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
DATE OF IMAGE
3 September 1931
PERIOD
1930s
CREATOR
Duncan Macpherson
SOURCE
Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre
ASSET ID
12185
KEYWORDS
community hall
foundation stone
ceremony
church
zoomable images

The Foundation stone for Kyle Public Hall was laid on 3 September 1931 by Sir Daniel and Lady Hamilton, and the hall officially opened on 8 April 1932. After the hall was built, Sir Harry Lauder, a regular visitor to the area, gave a concert to raise funds to pay off debts. He evidently sang for an hour! The Free Church is on the left of the photograph


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Skye and Lochalsh Archives

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Laying of the Foundation Stone, Kyle Hall

ROSS: Lochalsh

1930s

community hall; foundation stone; ceremony; church; zoomable images

Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre

Duncan Macpherson (photographs)

The Foundation stone for Kyle Public Hall was laid on 3 September 1931 by Sir Daniel and Lady Hamilton, and the hall officially opened on 8 April 1932. After the hall was built, Sir Harry Lauder, a regular visitor to the area, gave a concert to raise funds to pay off debts. He evidently sang for an hour! The Free Church is on the left of the photograph <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href= "mailto: skyeandlochalsh.archives@highlifehighland.com" >Skye and Lochalsh Archives</a>