Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
King's Arms Hotel, Kyleakin, Isle of Skye
EXTERNAL ID
HCD00644_AT
PLACENAME
Kyleakin
DISTRICT
Skye
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Strath
DATE OF IMAGE
2009
PERIOD
2000s
CREATOR
Andrew Taylor
SOURCE
Andrew Taylor
ASSET ID
12355
KEYWORDS
hotel
village
Kyleakin
transport
bus
car
King's Arms Hotel, Kyleakin, Isle of Skye

The King's Arms Hotel originally comprised the Kyleakin Hotel, built by J. Gillespie Graham around 1812 - 20, and a shooting lodge. Around 1898 the shooting lodge was converted into a hotel and both were combined in 1900 to become the King's Arms. At that time it was tenanted by Mr and Mrs Donald MacInnes, and remained the only licensed premises in the village until the outbreak of World War ll. One of the proprietors, Donald Skinner, is remembered for being the first to introduce bus tours to various parts of Skye.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

King's Arms Hotel, Kyleakin, Isle of Skye

INVERNESS: Strath

2000s

hotel; village;Kyleakin; transport; bus; car

Andrew Taylor

The King's Arms Hotel originally comprised the Kyleakin Hotel, built by J. Gillespie Graham around 1812 - 20, and a shooting lodge. Around 1898 the shooting lodge was converted into a hotel and both were combined in 1900 to become the King's Arms. At that time it was tenanted by Mr and Mrs Donald MacInnes, and remained the only licensed premises in the village until the outbreak of World War ll. One of the proprietors, Donald Skinner, is remembered for being the first to introduce bus tours to various parts of Skye.