Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dornie
EXTERNAL ID
HCD00825
PLACENAME
Dornie
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
CREATOR
Duncan Macpherson
SOURCE
Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre
ASSET ID
12520
KEYWORDS
village
Dornie
Dornie

Dornie is situated at the foot of two lochs, Loch Long and Loch Duich, hence its original name of Bundalloch. The British Fisheries Society laid out the village in 1794, as a fishing and trading station. The village was by-passed by a bridge over Loch Long in April 1940, to aid transport of military goods and personnel to Kyle. The house on the right of the photograph is believed to have belonged to Donnachadh Ruadh


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Skye and Lochalsh Archives

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dornie

ROSS: Lochalsh

village; Dornie

Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre

Duncan Macpherson (photographs)

Dornie is situated at the foot of two lochs, Loch Long and Loch Duich, hence its original name of Bundalloch. The British Fisheries Society laid out the village in 1794, as a fishing and trading station. The village was by-passed by a bridge over Loch Long in April 1940, to aid transport of military goods and personnel to Kyle. The house on the right of the photograph is believed to have belonged to Donnachadh Ruadh <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href= "mailto: skyeandlochalsh.archives@highlifehighland.com" >Skye and Lochalsh Archives</a><br />