Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Strathpeffer Pavilion Band
EXTERNAL ID
HCD00849
PLACENAME
Strathpeffer
DISTRICT
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Fodderty
PERIOD
1900s
CREATOR
Duncan Macpherson
SOURCE
Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre
ASSET ID
12537
KEYWORDS
Spa
band
Spa Pavilion
Strathpeffer
Strathpeffer Pavilion Band

This photograph was almost certainly taken at the bandstand situated close to the Strathpeffer Spa Pavilion, in the pleasure garden. The band provided a diversion as well as entertainment for those undertaking treatment at the Spa. The mineral springs at Strathpeffer first came to public attention in the early 18th century; however the Spa and consequently the village expanded greatly with the arrival of the railway at Dingwall in 1862. The Spa Pavilion was opened in 1881, next to the Upper Pump Room, to provide a venue for lectures, concerts and dances. Duncan Macpherson, the photographer, worked as an assistant pharmacist at the Spa for several seasons


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Skye and Lochalsh Archives

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Strathpeffer Pavilion Band

ROSS: Fodderty

1900s

Spa; band; Spa Pavilion; Strathpeffer

Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre

Duncan Macpherson (photographs)

This photograph was almost certainly taken at the bandstand situated close to the Strathpeffer Spa Pavilion, in the pleasure garden. The band provided a diversion as well as entertainment for those undertaking treatment at the Spa. The mineral springs at Strathpeffer first came to public attention in the early 18th century; however the Spa and consequently the village expanded greatly with the arrival of the railway at Dingwall in 1862. The Spa Pavilion was opened in 1881, next to the Upper Pump Room, to provide a venue for lectures, concerts and dances. Duncan Macpherson, the photographer, worked as an assistant pharmacist at the Spa for several seasons <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href= "mailto: skyeandlochalsh.archives@highlifehighland.com" >Skye and Lochalsh Archives</a><br />