Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Site clearance, Kyle of Lochalsh
EXTERNAL ID
HCD00983
PLACENAME
Kyle of Lochalsh
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
PERIOD
1910s
CREATOR
Duncan Macpherson
SOURCE
Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre
ASSET ID
12636
KEYWORDS
village
workmen
lorry
Site clearance, Kyle of Lochalsh

Workmen clear a site at the junction of Station Road and Harbour Street in Kyle of Lochalsh, their Ross and Cromarty registered truck parked alongside. The photograph was taken from the doorstep of Duncan Macpherson's pharmacy, from where he observed and often recorded on film the comings and goings of the village.

Stewarts Tearoom, of corrugated iron, was built on the site, and eventually the whole of the rocky outcrop was removed and shops now line this side of the road leading to the station. The Commercial Bank, built in 1897, can be seen on the left, through the gardens


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Skye and Lochalsh Archives

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Site clearance, Kyle of Lochalsh

ROSS: Lochalsh

1910s

village; workmen; lorry

Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre

Duncan Macpherson (photographs)

Workmen clear a site at the junction of Station Road and Harbour Street in Kyle of Lochalsh, their Ross and Cromarty registered truck parked alongside. The photograph was taken from the doorstep of Duncan Macpherson's pharmacy, from where he observed and often recorded on film the comings and goings of the village. <br /> <br /> Stewarts Tearoom, of corrugated iron, was built on the site, and eventually the whole of the rocky outcrop was removed and shops now line this side of the road leading to the station. The Commercial Bank, built in 1897, can be seen on the left, through the gardens <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href= "mailto: skyeandlochalsh.archives@highlifehighland.com" >Skye and Lochalsh Archives</a>