Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Kyle Parish Church
EXTERNAL ID
HCD01164
PLACENAME
Kyle of Lochalsh
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
PERIOD
1930s; 1940s
CREATOR
Duncan Macpherson
SOURCE
Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre
ASSET ID
12751
KEYWORDS
church
communion table
Lord Blythswood
Kyle Parish Church
Kyle Parish Church

The Church of Scotland, Kyle Parish Church is situated at the top of Church Road in Kyle of Lochalsh, close to Duncan Macpherson's home of Glenquithel. The church was opened on the 25 July 1901 in order to serve the growing population at Kyle of Lochalsh, which had expanded rapidly on the extension of the railway from Stromeferry in 1897. The Communion Table is a replica of the one that was in All Saints' Church, Derby, and was gifted by Lord Blythswood, then proprietor of Lochalsh Estate, and dedicated by him on the 15 September 1911. Kyle Church was joined to that of Plockton to form the Parish of Plockton and Kyle in 1946, with Kirkton joining them in 1990 to form the Parish Church of Lochalsh


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Skye and Lochalsh Archives

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Kyle Parish Church

ROSS: Lochalsh

1930s; 1940s

church; communion table; Lord Blythswood; Kyle Parish Church

Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre

Duncan Macpherson (photographs)

The Church of Scotland, Kyle Parish Church is situated at the top of Church Road in Kyle of Lochalsh, close to Duncan Macpherson's home of Glenquithel. The church was opened on the 25 July 1901 in order to serve the growing population at Kyle of Lochalsh, which had expanded rapidly on the extension of the railway from Stromeferry in 1897. The Communion Table is a replica of the one that was in All Saints' Church, Derby, and was gifted by Lord Blythswood, then proprietor of Lochalsh Estate, and dedicated by him on the 15 September 1911. Kyle Church was joined to that of Plockton to form the Parish of Plockton and Kyle in 1946, with Kirkton joining them in 1990 to form the Parish Church of Lochalsh <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href= "mailto: skyeandlochalsh.archives@highlifehighland.com" >Skye and Lochalsh Archives</a><br />