Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Northern Road, Kyle of Lochalsh
EXTERNAL ID
HCD01203
PLACENAME
Kyle of Lochalsh
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
PERIOD
1930s
CREATOR
Duncan Macpherson
SOURCE
Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre
ASSET ID
12776
KEYWORDS
public hall
Kyle of Lochalsh
village
church
council houses
Northern Road, Kyle of Lochalsh

Kyle Public Hall is situated next to the Kyle Free Church, on Kenneth Street, the road out of the village towards Plockton, although Duncan Macpherson has titled his photograph Northern Road. The Foundation stone of the hall was laid on 3 September 1931 by Sir Daniel and Lady Hamilton, and it was completed and officially opened on 8th April 1932. Kyle Free Church, built in 1902, stands beyond the hall, with the terrace of council houses in the background. Ivy Cottage, the building with the two chimneys on the right of the photograph, was the first telephone exchange in Kyle


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Skye and Lochalsh Archives

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Northern Road, Kyle of Lochalsh

ROSS: Lochalsh

1930s

public hall; Kyle of Lochalsh; village; church; council houses

Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre

Duncan Macpherson (photographs)

Kyle Public Hall is situated next to the Kyle Free Church, on Kenneth Street, the road out of the village towards Plockton, although Duncan Macpherson has titled his photograph Northern Road. The Foundation stone of the hall was laid on 3 September 1931 by Sir Daniel and Lady Hamilton, and it was completed and officially opened on 8th April 1932. Kyle Free Church, built in 1902, stands beyond the hall, with the terrace of council houses in the background. Ivy Cottage, the building with the two chimneys on the right of the photograph, was the first telephone exchange in Kyle <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href= "mailto: skyeandlochalsh.archives@highlifehighland.com" >Skye and Lochalsh Archives</a><br />