Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Duirinish Village
EXTERNAL ID
HCD01239
PLACENAME
Duirinish
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
PERIOD
1920s
CREATOR
Duncan Macpherson
SOURCE
Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre
ASSET ID
12806
KEYWORDS
Duirinish
crofting
National Trust
Hamilton
bridges
Duirinish Village

An early photograph of Duirinish village, now one of the eight townships on the Balmacara Estate which has been owned by National Trust for Scotland since 1947. It was bequeathed to the Trust by Sir Daniel and Lady Margaret Hamilton. Seventy-five percent of the estate is under crofting tenure. In the background, the road to Plockton leads over the bridge to the left


This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices please email
Skye and Lochalsh Archives

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Duirinish Village

ROSS: Lochalsh

1920s

Duirinish; crofting; National Trust; Hamilton; bridges

Skye and Lochalsh Archive Centre

Duncan Macpherson (photographs)

An early photograph of Duirinish village, now one of the eight townships on the Balmacara Estate which has been owned by National Trust for Scotland since 1947. It was bequeathed to the Trust by Sir Daniel and Lady Margaret Hamilton. Seventy-five percent of the estate is under crofting tenure. In the background, the road to Plockton leads over the bridge to the left <br /> <br /> <br /> This image can be purchased.<br /> For further information about purchasing and prices please email<br /> <a href= "mailto: skyeandlochalsh.archives@highlifehighland.com" >Skye and Lochalsh Archives</a>