Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Fodderty churchyard
EXTERNAL ID
HC_ARCH3_1983-84_84021014
PLACENAME
Strathpeffer
DISTRICT
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Fodderty
DATE OF IMAGE
1983
PERIOD
1980s
SOURCE
The Highland Council Archaeology Unit
ASSET ID
13241
KEYWORDS
Fodderty
churchyard
cemetery
Strathpeffer
parish
Dingwall
Ross and Cromarty
Fodderty churchyard

A view of the mound at Fodderty churchyard, the site of a former parish church, located in the village of Strathpeffer, to the west of Dingwall.

Situated in the parish of Strathpeffer and Fodderty, the old church was in use until the end of the eighteenth century. A new church was built in 1807, closer to the old manse at Beechwood. Burials still take place at the cemetery.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Fodderty churchyard

ROSS: Fodderty

1980s

Fodderty; churchyard; cemetery; Strathpeffer; parish; Dingwall; Ross and Cromarty

The Highland Council Archaeology Unit

A view of the mound at Fodderty churchyard, the site of a former parish church, located in the village of Strathpeffer, to the west of Dingwall. <br /> <br /> Situated in the parish of Strathpeffer and Fodderty, the old church was in use until the end of the eighteenth century. A new church was built in 1807, closer to the old manse at Beechwood. Burials still take place at the cemetery.