Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Cameron Barracks, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
HC_INV_FACILITIES_004
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1990s
SOURCE
The Highland Council
ASSET ID
13465
KEYWORDS
army
regiments
Cameron Barracks, Inverness

This photograph shows the entrance to the Cameron Barracks, Perth Road, Inverness. Built by the Royal Engineers' Office between 1880 and 1886, the barracks was the home of the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders from 11 June 1886 until September 1960 when the regiment moved to Fort George, shortly before the amalgamation of Seaforths and Camerons.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Cameron Barracks, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1990s

army; regiments

The Highland Council

Highland Council: Inverness Area (1990s)

This photograph shows the entrance to the Cameron Barracks, Perth Road, Inverness. Built by the Royal Engineers' Office between 1880 and 1886, the barracks was the home of the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders from 11 June 1886 until September 1960 when the regiment moved to Fort George, shortly before the amalgamation of Seaforths and Camerons.