Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Town Hall, Dingwall
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_01_048_0313
PLACENAME
Dingwall
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Dingwall
PERIOD
1960s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
13757
KEYWORDS
town halls
town houses
public buildings
civic buildings
Town Hall, Dingwall

This photograph shows Dingwall Town Hall, with Hugh A Ross, retailer, on the right, at the corner of Church Street and the High Street. (Today the corner location houses a charity shop.)

Dingwall Town Hall stands on the north side of Dingwall High Street and was originally the site of the tolbooth. The earliest parts of the building date from the 17th century but there was extensive remodelling carried out in 1732-3 and 1782, as well as in 1905 and 1925. The jail was declared unfit for prisoners in 1830.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Town Hall, Dingwall

ROSS: Dingwall

1960s

town halls; town houses; public buildings; civic buildings

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

This photograph shows Dingwall Town Hall, with Hugh A Ross, retailer, on the right, at the corner of Church Street and the High Street. (Today the corner location houses a charity shop.)<br /> <br /> Dingwall Town Hall stands on the north side of Dingwall High Street and was originally the site of the tolbooth. The earliest parts of the building date from the 17th century but there was extensive remodelling carried out in 1732-3 and 1782, as well as in 1905 and 1925. The jail was declared unfit for prisoners in 1830.