Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Chanonry Point Lighthouse
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_02_012_0331
PLACENAME
Chanonry Point
DISTRICT
Fortrose
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosemarkie
PERIOD
1970s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
14306
KEYWORDS
lighthouses
points
firths
buildings
Chanonry Point Lighthouse

Chanonry Point Lighthouse can be found at Chanonry Point on the Black Isle just south of Rosemarkie. It was designed by Alan Stevenson and was first lit in May 1846. It was originally a one-man lighthouse but was fully automated in 1984 and is monitored remotely by the Northern Lighthouse Board in Edinburgh. The lighthouse keeper's buildings are now privately owned.

Chanonry Point is one of the best places to see the large numbers of Bottlenose dolphins that populate the Moray Firth.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Chanonry Point Lighthouse

ROSS: Rosemarkie

1970s

lighthouses; points; firths; buildings

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

Chanonry Point Lighthouse can be found at Chanonry Point on the Black Isle just south of Rosemarkie. It was designed by Alan Stevenson and was first lit in May 1846. It was originally a one-man lighthouse but was fully automated in 1984 and is monitored remotely by the Northern Lighthouse Board in Edinburgh. The lighthouse keeper's buildings are now privately owned. <br /> <br /> Chanonry Point is one of the best places to see the large numbers of Bottlenose dolphins that populate the Moray Firth.