Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Prince's Cairn, Loch nan Uamh
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_02_016_0473
PLACENAME
Loch nan Uamh
DISTRICT
Lochaber
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Arisaig and Moidart
PERIOD
1970s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
14338
KEYWORDS
cairns
memorials
monuments
Bonnie Prince Charlie
Prince's Cairn, Loch nan Uamh

The Prince's Cairn at Loch nan Uamh was erected in 1956 by the 1745 Association. The 1745 Association is a historical society dedicated to the study, recording and preservation of the memories of the Jacobite period. They also mark appropriate historical sites. The plaque on the cairn has an inscription in both Gaelic and English and reads:
A reir beul-aithris is ann bho 'n tràigh so an sheòl Am Prionnsa Tearlach air ais do 'n Fhraing.
This cairn marks the traditional spot from which Prince Charles Edward Stuart embarked for France.
20th September 1746.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Prince's Cairn, Loch nan Uamh

INVERNESS: Arisaig and Moidart

1970s

cairns; memorials; monuments; Bonnie Prince Charlie

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

The Prince's Cairn at Loch nan Uamh was erected in 1956 by the 1745 Association. The 1745 Association is a historical society dedicated to the study, recording and preservation of the memories of the Jacobite period. They also mark appropriate historical sites. The plaque on the cairn has an inscription in both Gaelic and English and reads:<br /> A reir beul-aithris is ann bho 'n tràigh so an sheòl Am Prionnsa Tearlach air ais do 'n Fhraing.<br /> This cairn marks the traditional spot from which Prince Charles Edward Stuart embarked for France.<br /> 20th September 1746.