Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Arisaig House
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_02_016_0474
PLACENAME
Arisaig
DISTRICT
Lochaber
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Arisaig and Moidart
PERIOD
1970s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
14339
KEYWORDS
houses
buildings
SOE
Second World War
2nd World War
World War 2
World War II
commandoes
Arisaig House

Arisaig House stands about two miles southeast of Arisaig in Lochaber. It was completed in 1939 to replace an earlier house that had been destroyed by fire in 1935. Before the owners could move in, Arisaig House was requisitioned by the Special Operations Executive and used as a Special Training School. The school specialised in commando training and was usually the final stage of training for agents who were about to be sent into the field during World War Two. After the war the house was returned to its owners. It is now privately owned.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Arisaig House

INVERNESS: Arisaig and Moidart

1970s

houses; buildings; SOE; Second World War; 2nd World War; World War 2; World War II; commandoes;

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

Arisaig House stands about two miles southeast of Arisaig in Lochaber. It was completed in 1939 to replace an earlier house that had been destroyed by fire in 1935. Before the owners could move in, Arisaig House was requisitioned by the Special Operations Executive and used as a Special Training School. The school specialised in commando training and was usually the final stage of training for agents who were about to be sent into the field during World War Two. After the war the house was returned to its owners. It is now privately owned.