Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Muckrach Castle
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_02_035_1014
PLACENAME
Muckrach Castle
DISTRICT
Cromdale
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie
PERIOD
1970s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
14436
KEYWORDS
castles
buildings
ruins
homes
tourism
Muckrach Castle

Muckrach Castle stands close to the town of Grantown on Spey. The lands at Muckrach was given to Patrick, second son of John Grant of Freuchie (4th Laird of Grant), in 1583 and the castle was built soon after. A date plaque returned to Muckrach during restoration has the Arms and initials of Patrick and his wife and the date 1598. Over the years the castle fell into ruin. It was completely restored between 1978 and 1985 and is now available for holiday lets.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Muckrach Castle

MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie

1970s

castles; buildings; ruins; homes; tourism

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

Muckrach Castle stands close to the town of Grantown on Spey. The lands at Muckrach was given to Patrick, second son of John Grant of Freuchie (4th Laird of Grant), in 1583 and the castle was built soon after. A date plaque returned to Muckrach during restoration has the Arms and initials of Patrick and his wife and the date 1598. Over the years the castle fell into ruin. It was completely restored between 1978 and 1985 and is now available for holiday lets.