Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Cameron Barracks entrance
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_03_001_1466
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
PERIOD
1970s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
14504
KEYWORDS
army
regiments
Cameron Barracks entrance

This photograph is of the Cameron Barracks, Perth Road, Inverness. Built by the Royal Engineers' Office between 1880 and 1886, the barracks was the home of the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders from 11 June 1886 until September 1960 when the regiment moved to Fort George, shortly before the amalgamation of Seaforths and Camerons.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Cameron Barracks entrance

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1970s

army; regiments

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

This photograph is of the Cameron Barracks, Perth Road, Inverness. Built by the Royal Engineers' Office between 1880 and 1886, the barracks was the home of the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders from 11 June 1886 until September 1960 when the regiment moved to Fort George, shortly before the amalgamation of Seaforths and Camerons.