Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Dallas, Jeweller and Fancy Goods, Kingussie
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_04_013_0986
PLACENAME
Kingussie
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Kingussie and Insh
DATE OF IMAGE
24 June 1976
PERIOD
1970s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
14876
KEYWORDS
badenochshops
Dallas, Jeweller and Fancy Goods, Kingussie

Dallas' shop for jewellery and fancy goods as it looked in the 1970s. It was on the High Street in Kingussie.

Kingussie is a small town found in the upper Spey Valley of Badenoch and Strathspey. The name comes from the Gaelic 'Ceann a' Ghiuthsaich' which means 'head of the pine forest'. The original settlement, surrounded by a pine forest, was created a Burgh of Barony in 1464. It was redesigned as a planned village by the Duke of Gordon in 1799.

Tourism and local business were given a boost with the coming of the railway in the 1860s and a golf course was opened in 1890. The Camanachd Association, which governs shinty in Scotland, was form in Kingussie in 1893.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Dallas, Jeweller and Fancy Goods, Kingussie

INVERNESS: Kingussie and Insh

1970s

badenochshops

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

Dallas' shop for jewellery and fancy goods as it looked in the 1970s. It was on the High Street in Kingussie.<br /> <br /> Kingussie is a small town found in the upper Spey Valley of Badenoch and Strathspey. The name comes from the Gaelic 'Ceann a' Ghiuthsaich' which means 'head of the pine forest'. The original settlement, surrounded by a pine forest, was created a Burgh of Barony in 1464. It was redesigned as a planned village by the Duke of Gordon in 1799.<br /> <br /> Tourism and local business were given a boost with the coming of the railway in the 1860s and a golf course was opened in 1890. The Camanachd Association, which governs shinty in Scotland, was form in Kingussie in 1893.