Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Gate House, Castle Grant
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_05_048_0388
PLACENAME
Castle Grant
DISTRICT
Cromdale
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie
DATE OF IMAGE
6 June 1980
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15066
KEYWORDS
building
buildings
architecture
Gate House, Castle Grant

This photograph shows the East Lodge, part of the Castle Grant estate, 2.3 km northeast of Grantown on Spey. The East Lodge, and the associated railway bridge and archway, were built between 1863-4.

The East Lodge was a gift to the Earl of Seafield, the owner of Castle Grant, from the Inverness and Perth Railway Company. The Earl had allowed the Company to run their new railway line, between Forres and Inverness, through his estate, and the East Lodge was built as a private railway station for the Earl and his family.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Gate House, Castle Grant

MORAYSHIRE: Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie

1980s

building; buildings; architecture

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

This photograph shows the East Lodge, part of the Castle Grant estate, 2.3 km northeast of Grantown on Spey. The East Lodge, and the associated railway bridge and archway, were built between 1863-4. <br /> <br /> The East Lodge was a gift to the Earl of Seafield, the owner of Castle Grant, from the Inverness and Perth Railway Company. The Earl had allowed the Company to run their new railway line, between Forres and Inverness, through his estate, and the East Lodge was built as a private railway station for the Earl and his family.