Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Latheron Church
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_06_029_1467
PLACENAME
Latheron
DISTRICT
Caithness - Southern
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Latheron
DATE OF IMAGE
28 August 1980
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15260
KEYWORDS
churches
centres
buildings
religion
clans
heritage
archives
museums
Latheron Church

Latheron Parish Church was built between 1725 and 1738 on the site of an earlier church. It was extended into a T-plan in 1822 and given its domed bell tower. The church was given to the Clan Gunn Society in the 1970s and was opened as the Clan Gunn Heritage Centre and Museum in 1985. The Centre charts the Clan from their Norse origins up to the present day and also houses an extremely comprehensive archive of Clan Gunn genealogy.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Latheron Church

CAITHNESS: Latheron

1980s

churches; centres; buildings; religion; clans; heritage; archives; museums

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

Latheron Parish Church was built between 1725 and 1738 on the site of an earlier church. It was extended into a T-plan in 1822 and given its domed bell tower. The church was given to the Clan Gunn Society in the 1970s and was opened as the Clan Gunn Heritage Centre and Museum in 1985. The Centre charts the Clan from their Norse origins up to the present day and also houses an extremely comprehensive archive of Clan Gunn genealogy.