Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Newtonmore Railway Station
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_06_042_1913
PLACENAME
Newtonmore
DISTRICT
Badenoch
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Kingussie and Insh
DATE OF IMAGE
2 October 1980
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15346
KEYWORDS
stations
buildings
trains
travel
transport
Newtonmore Railway Station

Newtonmore Railway Station serves the village of Newtonmore on the Highland Main Line. It was originally opened in 1863 as part of the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway and rebuilt by the Highland Railway in 1893. The station originally had two platforms and a passing loop but now only has one platform and the passing loop has been removed. The main station building is now a privately owned holiday house.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Newtonmore Railway Station

INVERNESS: Kingussie and Insh

1980s

stations; buildings; trains; travel; transport

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

Newtonmore Railway Station serves the village of Newtonmore on the Highland Main Line. It was originally opened in 1863 as part of the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway and rebuilt by the Highland Railway in 1893. The station originally had two platforms and a passing loop but now only has one platform and the passing loop has been removed. The main station building is now a privately owned holiday house.