Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Clynekirkton Church (ruin)
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_07_010_0371
PLACENAME
Clynelish
DISTRICT
Kildonan, Loth and Clyne
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
SUTHERLAND: Clyne
DATE OF IMAGE
19 May 1981
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15397
KEYWORDS
churches
churchyards
ruins
Clyne Kirkton
Clynekirkton Church (ruin)

The ruins of Clynekirkton Church ruin, near Brora.

The church was built in 1775, on the site of a former church, and was extended in 1827. It ceased to be used in 1922, a new church having been built in the village of Clyne in 1909. Two Class 1 Pictish Symbol Stones were discovered in the churchyard in the mid-19th century.

The photograph was taken from the adjacent bell-tower mound

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Clynekirkton Church (ruin)

SUTHERLAND: Clyne

1980s

churches; churchyards; ruins; Clyne Kirkton

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

The ruins of Clynekirkton Church ruin, near Brora.<br /> <br /> The church was built in 1775, on the site of a former church, and was extended in 1827. It ceased to be used in 1922, a new church having been built in the village of Clyne in 1909. Two Class 1 Pictish Symbol Stones were discovered in the churchyard in the mid-19th century.<br /> <br /> The photograph was taken from the adjacent bell-tower mound