Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Reay Church of Scotland
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_07_018_0632
PLACENAME
Reay
DISTRICT
Caithness - Western
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
CAITHNESS: Reay
DATE OF IMAGE
21 May 1981
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15451
KEYWORDS
churches
buildings
religion
parishes
Reay Church of Scotland

Reay Church of Scotland serves the parish of Reay in Caithness. It is one of the most northerly parishes of mainland Scotland. The church was built in 1739 to a T-shape design and is now an A grade listed building. The building houses a wooden pulpit, complete with canopy, which is thought to be the original pulpit of the church. The 250th anniversary of the building was celebrated in 1989 with some major restoration work and visits from the Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland and from the Queen Mother. In 1994, Reay Parish was linked with Strathy and Halladale Parish and the congregations now share a minister.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Reay Church of Scotland

CAITHNESS: Reay

1980s

churches; buildings; religion; parishes

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

Reay Church of Scotland serves the parish of Reay in Caithness. It is one of the most northerly parishes of mainland Scotland. The church was built in 1739 to a T-shape design and is now an A grade listed building. The building houses a wooden pulpit, complete with canopy, which is thought to be the original pulpit of the church. The 250th anniversary of the building was celebrated in 1989 with some major restoration work and visits from the Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland and from the Queen Mother. In 1994, Reay Parish was linked with Strathy and Halladale Parish and the congregations now share a minister.