Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
St Stephen's Church, Inverness
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_07_035_0023
PLACENAME
Inverness
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona
DATE OF IMAGE
August 1981
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15546
KEYWORDS
churches
buildings
religion
St Stephen's Church, Inverness

St Stephen's Church of Scotland in Inverness was built to a gothic design by WL Carruthers. The foundation stone was laid in 1896 and the church was completed in the autumn of 1897 at a cost of £3450. It uses stone from Rosebrae Quarries in Morayshire and has a slated roof with a red-tiled ridge.

The congregations of St Stephen's church and the Old High church in Inverness united in 2003 and now share a minister although both buildings were retained for worship.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

St Stephen's Church, Inverness

INVERNESS: Inverness and Bona

1980s

churches; buildings; religion

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

St Stephen's Church of Scotland in Inverness was built to a gothic design by WL Carruthers. The foundation stone was laid in 1896 and the church was completed in the autumn of 1897 at a cost of £3450. It uses stone from Rosebrae Quarries in Morayshire and has a slated roof with a red-tiled ridge. <br /> <br /> The congregations of St Stephen's church and the Old High church in Inverness united in 2003 and now share a minister although both buildings were retained for worship.