Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Callart House, Loch Leven
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_08_005_0792
PLACENAME
North Ballachulish
DISTRICT
Lochaber
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Kilmallie
DATE OF IMAGE
5 April 1982
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15700
KEYWORDS
houses
dwellings
buildings
mansions
Callart House, Loch Leven

Callart House stands on the shore of Loch Leven near North Ballachulish. It was designed by William Fraser and William Cameron and built for Sir Duncan Cameron of Fassifern in around 1835. It is one of the last remaining Georgian mansion houses in the Lochaber area. The building is in an advanced state of disrepair having been unoccupied since the 1940s but a good deal of the original detailing still survives.
In 2003 the house was bought by a private developer with plans to restore it to a private residence and self-catering holiday lets. At the time of a visit by the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings in 2007, major roof repairs were underway.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Callart House, Loch Leven

INVERNESS: Kilmallie

1980s

houses; dwellings; buildings; mansions

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

Callart House stands on the shore of Loch Leven near North Ballachulish. It was designed by William Fraser and William Cameron and built for Sir Duncan Cameron of Fassifern in around 1835. It is one of the last remaining Georgian mansion houses in the Lochaber area. The building is in an advanced state of disrepair having been unoccupied since the 1940s but a good deal of the original detailing still survives.<br /> In 2003 the house was bought by a private developer with plans to restore it to a private residence and self-catering holiday lets. At the time of a visit by the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings in 2007, major roof repairs were underway.