Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Ardross Castle
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_08_015_1119
PLACENAME
Ardross
DISTRICT
Invergordon
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Rosskeen
DATE OF IMAGE
12 May 1982
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15789
KEYWORDS
castles
buildings
estates
dwellings
homes
Ardross Castle

Ardross Castle lies north west of the Ross-shire town of Alness. It was built by Alexander Matheson, under the direction of architect Alexander Ross, in 1846 and incorporated parts of an earlier house. The estate was sold to CW Dyson Perrins who made some alterations and added nearly 30 rooms in the late 19th century. The estate was later broken up and in 1937 the castle was purchased as a family home.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Ardross Castle

ROSS: Rosskeen

1980s

castles; buildings; estates; dwellings; homes

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

Ardross Castle lies north west of the Ross-shire town of Alness. It was built by Alexander Matheson, under the direction of architect Alexander Ross, in 1846 and incorporated parts of an earlier house. The estate was sold to CW Dyson Perrins who made some alterations and added nearly 30 rooms in the late 19th century. The estate was later broken up and in 1937 the castle was purchased as a family home.