Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Kilmuir and Stenscholl Church of Scotland, Skye
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_08_021_1341
PLACENAME
Staffin
DISTRICT
Skye
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
INVERNESS: Kilmuir
DATE OF IMAGE
27 May 1982
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15837
KEYWORDS
Garrafad
parish church
parliamentary church
Kilmuir and Stenscholl Church of Scotland, Skye

Stenscholl Parish Church is situated in the district of Staffin in north Skye. The church building, along with a manse, dates from 1828-9, and was one of the Parliamentary churches designed by Thomas Telford. The land was owned at the time by Lord Macdonald but he gave up his entitlement to part of the area known as Gearrighfada (now Garafad) and the church, manse and glebe land were built.

In 1981 the parish of Stenscholl was united with the neighbouring parish of Kilmuir and the church is now known as Kilmuir and Stenscholl Church of Scotland.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Kilmuir and Stenscholl Church of Scotland, Skye

INVERNESS: Kilmuir

1980s

Garrafad; parish church; parliamentary church

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

Stenscholl Parish Church is situated in the district of Staffin in north Skye. The church building, along with a manse, dates from 1828-9, and was one of the Parliamentary churches designed by Thomas Telford. The land was owned at the time by Lord Macdonald but he gave up his entitlement to part of the area known as Gearrighfada (now Garafad) and the church, manse and glebe land were built.<br /> <br /> In 1981 the parish of Stenscholl was united with the neighbouring parish of Kilmuir and the church is now known as Kilmuir and Stenscholl Church of Scotland.