Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Clachan Duich Church
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_08_030_1624
PLACENAME
Inverinate
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
DATE OF IMAGE
29 July 1982
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15885
KEYWORDS
burial grounds
church yards
graves
grave markers
grave stones
war memorials
chapels
ruins
Clachan Duich Church

Clachan Duich is the ancient church and burial ground of the MacRaes of Kintail. Situated close to the head of Loch Duich, Clachan Duich has been in use since at least 1050, and probably much earlier. It is dedicated to St Duthac, the 11th century Bishop of Ross. The ruins of the old church are surrounded by marked and unmarked graves.

In the background are the hills above Ratagan.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Clachan Duich Church

ROSS: Lochalsh

1980s

burial grounds; church yards; graves; grave markers; grave stones; war memorials; chapels; ruins

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

Clachan Duich is the ancient church and burial ground of the MacRaes of Kintail. Situated close to the head of Loch Duich, Clachan Duich has been in use since at least 1050, and probably much earlier. It is dedicated to St Duthac, the 11th century Bishop of Ross. The ruins of the old church are surrounded by marked and unmarked graves. <br /> <br /> In the background are the hills above Ratagan.