Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Kintail Parish Church, Inverinate
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_08_030_1631
PLACENAME
Inverinate
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
DATE OF IMAGE
29 July 1982
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15889
KEYWORDS
Church of Scotland
churches
chapels
Kintail Parish Church, Inverinate

Kintail Parish Church, built by Alexander Messer in 1856, is a simple, tall white-harled rectangular box with long round-headed windows and a 'birdcage' bellcote. The Ministers entrance and room are situated on the east gable, nearest the camera in this photograph.

The galleried interior has been altered over time but is one of very few remaining churches which still have a long communion table down the centre of the church, made by the folding down of the pews. The church is currently (2011) not accessible due to the condition of the building.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Kintail Parish Church, Inverinate

ROSS: Lochalsh

1980s

Church of Scotland; churches; chapels

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

Kintail Parish Church, built by Alexander Messer in 1856, is a simple, tall white-harled rectangular box with long round-headed windows and a 'birdcage' bellcote. The Ministers entrance and room are situated on the east gable, nearest the camera in this photograph. <br /> <br /> The galleried interior has been altered over time but is one of very few remaining churches which still have a long communion table down the centre of the church, made by the folding down of the pews. The church is currently (2011) not accessible due to the condition of the building.