Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
St Duthac's Church, Dornie
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_08_030_1637
PLACENAME
Dornie
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Kintail
DATE OF IMAGE
29 July 1982
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15891
KEYWORDS
St Duthac
churches
chapels
St Duthac's Church, Dornie

The first Catholic church at Dornie was built in 1703, on the same site as the current building. The present building, the church and adjoining Presbytery date from 1871. It was designed in a simple Gothic style by Joseph A Hansom with funds provided by the Duchess of Leeds.


A nunnery was situated on the south-west side of the chapel. This was demolished early in the 20th century.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

St Duthac's Church, Dornie

ROSS: Kintail

1980s

St Duthac; churches; chapels

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

The first Catholic church at Dornie was built in 1703, on the same site as the current building. The present building, the church and adjoining Presbytery date from 1871. It was designed in a simple Gothic style by Joseph A Hansom with funds provided by the Duchess of Leeds. <br /> <br /> <br /> A nunnery was situated on the south-west side of the chapel. This was demolished early in the 20th century.