Please Sign In | Register
Google pluspinterestShare on Stumble UponShare on RedditFacebookShare on Tumblr
TITLE
Old Free Church, Plockton
EXTERNAL ID
HC_PLANNING_08_043_2043
PLACENAME
Plockton
DISTRICT
South West Ross
OLD COUNTY/PARISH
ROSS: Lochalsh
DATE OF IMAGE
30 November 1982
PERIOD
1980s
CREATOR
T. Kenneth MacKenzie
SOURCE
The Highland Council Planning Department
ASSET ID
15942
KEYWORDS
Free Church of Scotland
churches
chapels
Old Free Church, Plockton

The original Free Church in Plockton was built in about 1845, on Innes Street, the main road into the village. It was refitted in 1869 by Alexander Ross.

It has double gables and the long elevation fronting the street has no windows, only an entrance door. Plans for demolition in the early 1990s were revised and the building was converted into flats, with tall slim windows added either side of the doorway.

For guidance on the use of images and other content, please see the Terms and Conditions page.
High Life Highland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland No. SC407011 and is a registered Scottish charity No. SC042593
Powered by Capture

Old Free Church, Plockton

ROSS: Lochalsh

1980s

Free Church of Scotland; churches; chapels

The Highland Council Planning Department

The Highland Council Planning Dept

The original Free Church in Plockton was built in about 1845, on Innes Street, the main road into the village. It was refitted in 1869 by Alexander Ross. <br /> <br /> It has double gables and the long elevation fronting the street has no windows, only an entrance door. Plans for demolition in the early 1990s were revised and the building was converted into flats, with tall slim windows added either side of the doorway.